Labels Further reading about racial terminology
- How We Got to Capital-B ‘Black’
- Race Names
- Why I'm Black, Not African American
- Why Is Colored Person Hurtful and Person of Color OK? A Theory of Racial Euphemisms
- “People of Color”
- Why We Need to Stop Saying ‘People of Color’ When We Mean ‘Black People’
- How “Racism” Changed Meaning
- The Are Two N-Words
- The N Word: Its History and Use in the African American Community
- What's in a name? 'Mixed,' 'biracial,' 'black'
- When Did the Word Negro Become Taboo?
- Negro, Black, Black African, African Caribbean, African American or what? Labelling African origin populations in the health arena in the 21st century
- Africans are not black: why the use of the term ‘black’ for Africans should be abandoned
- Should the term 'black' to describe people of African origin be retired?